How do vegans survive? That’s a question I have always asked myself,I can’t imagine life without meat or dairy,so how do they do it.
I had a heart to heart talk with a vegan friend and our conversation was eye opening,their world is full of endless possibilities when it comes to food and they can be the most creative when it preparing it.
It was a challenge I was willing to undertake,I am not saying that I am going to call it quits on meat and dairy any time soon,I love me some steak,sticky wings or a juicy burger with bacon topped up with a fried egg,that is enough to have me drooling and thinking of my next meal.So I promised myself to try out some vegan recipes and see how it goes,turned out I really loved the experience and I will be making them a regular of mine.
This my arugula avocado pesto pasta is one of the meals I brought together on my quest to go vegan.Arugula has to be my all time favorite salad greens,I love the peppery flavor and texture it adds to my salad,not to mention all the nutritional values it possesses
I brought my love for these two and made a creamy sauce that is alike to pesto but different in so many ways.Add in a little parsley,lemon juice,garlic,salt and pepper,blend this up and you have a colorful,healthy,creamy,delicious sauce to mix in your pasta dish.
This will transform your bland pasta and is also a great way of upping your green vegetables intake.This dish tasted like pasta with cream sauce,but with no cream.Something creamy to indulge in without feeling guilty.
This is a simple recipe to bring together,all you need is to blend the ingredients together,cook your pasta and mix it all up together.Dosent get easier than that now,does it?
- 2 servings cooked pasta(150-200 grams)
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 Cup parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt&pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions until al dente.Strain off the pasta water reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Wash your arugula and parsley with clean running water.
- In a blender or food processor,Add in all your ingredients,blend until smooth and consistent,if you find your sauce is too thick,Add in some pasta water to thin it out until desired consistency is achieved.Taste your sauce and adjust for seasoning.
- Mix your pasta with your avocado arugula sauce in a large bowl,serve and enjoy.