I am a massive spicy food fan and you’ll never miss a variety of fiery hot sauces stored up in my refrigerator or pantry.
Despite the convenience of store bought sauces, nothing beats home made sauces. Not only are they healthier, since you know what has actually gone into your sauce, but you also get a sense of unmatched fulfillment and joy because you’re using your own creation.
Habaneros were my chilies of choice with this sweet chilli sauce. Their flavor and aroma make them my NO 1 Chilli of choice. It’s only undoing is the heat that comes packed in these little devils, but I guess you can’t have it all.
I used a blend of honey and vinegar to cut through the heat and to help balance my sweet Chilli sauce. This conjures up something you will want to put on almost anything you prepare!
For all the chilli heads, this is a sauce for you. Versatile in its use, it can be a marinade, a dipping sauce, a spread or a glaze to name but a few uses. You’ll are never run out of ideas for my habanero sweet chilli sauce.
I also made some sweet Chilli wings using using this sauce and honestly they are the best wings I have ever had, even if I say so myself!
It’s also worth noting that the longer this sauce sits in the refrigerator, the better the flavors develop as they have a chance to blend and marinate with each other even more.
- 200grams Habanero Chilli peppers
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 500ml honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- Start off be coring and de-seeding your habaneros.The seeds and the core carry most of the heat and by only using the flesh you are left behind with just the right amount of heat and floral flavors from the chilies.
- In a blender,add in your chopped Chilli peppers, garlic, ginger and salt.Blitz to a smooth and consistent liquid.
- Strain the vinegar pepper liquid in a sauce pan, add the honey&lime juice, bring it to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Bottle in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 4 months .